Salesforce Configuration means that by using the Salesforce UI – Lightning or Classic, we can easily develop applications in Salesforce.
Salesforce users can also configure CRM applications by means of “declarative” as well as “programmatic” tools. It also entails providing a user a set of defined values which will enable a given feature or enable a module to function.
Popular Salesforce declarative tools you can use in Salesforce include:
- Quick Actions
- Page layout customization
- Formula fields and roll-up summary fields
- Validation rules
- Workflows and approval processes
- Custom fields and objects
Salesforce features developed with declarative tools have the following advantages:
- Usually, faster and cheaper to build.
- Require less maintenance.
- Receive automatic upgrades when the tools are improved.
- Not subject to Salesforce governor limits.
Providing a seamless, automated customer experience is challenging, time-consuming, and code-heavy. Depending on the precise nature of your business processes, you may need to:
- Integrate various systems.
- Configure process logic.
- Build modern, rich screens for a pleasant user experience.
- Make the experience available from anywhere: desktop or mobile devices, internal apps, or external portals.
Lightning Flow provides declarative process automation for every Salesforce app, experience, and portal.
Included in Lightning Flow are two point-and-click automation tools:
- Process Builder, which lets you build processes.
- Cloud Flow Designer, which lets you build flows.