Salesforce Configuration means tuning Salesforce UI – Lightning or Classic, to set features and functions that add business value.
Salesforce users can also configure CRM applications by means of “declarative” as well as “programmatic” tools. It also entails providing a user with a set of defined values which will enable a given feature or enable a module to function.
Popular Popular Salesforce declarative tools we use in developing applications include:
- Quick Actions
- Page layout customization
- Formula fields and roll-up summary fields
- Validation rules
- Workflows and approval processes
- Custom fields and objects
Salesforce features developed with declarative tools have the following advantages:
- Usually, faster and cheaper to build.
- Require less maintenance.
- Receive automatic upgrades when the tools are improved.
- Not subject to Salesforce governor limits.
Providing a seamless, automated customer experience is challenging, time-consuming, and code-heavy. Depending on the precise nature of your business processes, we may need to:
- Integrate various systems.
- Configure process logic.
- Build modern and rich screens for a pleasant user experience
- Make the experience available from anywhere: desktop or mobile devices, internal apps, or external portals.
Lightning Flow provides declarative process automation for every Salesforce app, experience, and portal.
Included in Lightning Flow are two point-and-click automation tools:
- Process Builder, which lets you build processes.
- Cloud Flow Designer, which lets you build flows.