The Salesforce Platform empowers developers to quickly build and deploy trusted cloud applications that are rock solid, secure, and scalable without worrying about hardware provisioning or application stacks.
Salesforce Platform features
- Defined user interface.
- Full access to Salesforce data.
- Possible integrated experience in the Salesforce app.
- Inclusion of your own apps and functionality with quick actions.
- Customized with point-and-click or programmatic tools.
- Programmatic functionality through Visualforce pages, Canvas apps, and the Lightning Component framework.
- Defined navigation points, since customizations or apps adhere to the navigation menu. For example, a Visualforce page can be called from the navigation menu or from a custom action in the action bar.
- Enables you to leverage existing Salesforce development experience, both point-and-click and programmatic.
- Included in all Salesforce editions and supported by Salesforce.
Various other platforms integrated with Salesforce are
- Heroku: Heroku is a cloud platform that lets companies build, deliver, monitor and scale apps, no need to worry about the setup, provided by Salesforce as Infrastructure as a Service.
- Chatter: An enterprise collaboration platform from Salesforce, a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) vendor, can be used as an employee directory or company intranet.
- Communities: A great way to share information and collaborate with people outside a company who are key to the business processes, like customers, partners, or employees, can be used as a portal or a help forum or may be a support site, HR central, or something else, easily configurable and customizable great place to connect with the important folks in a new and different way.
- Pardot: A Business to business(B2B) marketing automation by Salesforce, which offers a marketing automation solution supporting the needs of B2B organizations of every size.
- CPQ: A software that helps manage pricing for all your products and services. It enables the sales team to create quotes with consistent pricing, including available discounts, quickly and accurately.
- Einstein: Einstein Platform Services allows to build AI-powered apps fast, by making the power of image recognition and natural language processing accessible to anyone.
- Salesforce DX: A Salesforce product in the App cloud that allows users to develop and manage Salesforce apps throughout the entire platform in a more direct and efficient way, used primarily by developers, allows users to have true version control.
- Salesforce1: A platform that enables application development and data exchange through application programming interfaces (APIs) and prebuilt programming code components, and the building of applications in the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, in conjunction with the Lightning development platform. The combination also allows for third-party applications to be built on top of Salesforce apps for smartphones, tablets and wearables.