The Salesforce Platform is the power given to the developers for quick turn-out and enables them to deploy trusted cloud applications that are robust, secure, and scalable without hardware limitations and the worries of application stacks.
Salesforce Platform features
- Defined user interface.
- Full access to Salesforce data.
- Possible integrated experience in the Salesforce app.
- Inclusion of your own apps and functionality with quick actions.
- Customized with point-and-click or programmatic tools.
- Programmatic functionality through Visualforce pages, Canvas apps, and the Lightning Component framework.
- Defined navigation points, since customizations or apps adhere to the navigation menu. For example, a Visualforce page can be called from the navigation menu or from a custom action in the action bar.
- Leverage existing Salesforce development experience, both point-and-click and programmatic
- Included in all Salesforce editions and supported by Salesforce.
Various other platforms integrated with Salesforce are
- Heroku: Heroku is a cloud platform that lets companies build, deliver, monitor and scale apps, no need to worry about the setup, provided by Salesforce as Infrastructure as a Service.
- Chatter: Chatter is a cloud-based customer relationship management vendor which acts a collaboration platform. Provided by Salesforce, Chatter is integrated as an employee directory and company intranet.
- Communities: ‘Communities’ is a tool to share information and to extend collaborations to people outside the organization domain. It is useful for information sharing with customers, partners, or employees, all of whom are important. It can also be used as a forum or help portal, a support site, for HRM, etc. owing to its easy configuration and customizability. In a nutshell, it is a great and innovative way to connect to important individuals.
- Pardot: Pardot is part of automating B2B marketing and offers solutions that support all needs of a B2B portal irrespective of operation size.
- CPQ: A pricing software integrated into salesforce, CPQ is an essential tool for the sales tea. With great options for pricing management, CPQ helps in creating quotes with consistent pricing that is inclusive of available discounts. And it works quickly and accurately.
- Einstein: Einstein is used for building AI-Powered Apps, with quicker turnaround time. It is preferred as it supports image recognition and features a natural language processing aspect that is accessible for anyone.
- Salesforce DX: A product available in the App cloud, Salesforce DX enables the user to directly and efficiently develop salesforce apps. It also allows the user to manage the apps so developers and enterprises can have true version control of the application.
- Salesforce1: A great tool for data exchange through APIs, Salesforce1 allows application development through prebuilt programming code components. It allows building applications on the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, with additional support from the Lighting development platform. This collaboration also brings the opportunity to build third-party apps to be built on or around Salesforce apps for a range of digital devices.